Friday, October 3, 2008

On Oprah this week

I know what everyone is thinking "Vickie is talking about Oprah again". Well, Yeah sorry if you're not a fan of the show. I watch Oprah daily, but when I can't I TIVO it. So I watched Wednesday's Oprah a little while ago. It was so sad. It was about a mother who left her 2 year old daughter in the car for 8 hours. Just watching the intro made me cry and hug my kids a little harder. The whole show was about mothers who are overwhelmed with work, families and just trying to be super mom. This show came at such a great time for me. Yesterday I felt so exhausted mentally and physically. The kids had been sick with the stomach flu since Thursday. Just finally today they started to want to eat more. The girls are still kind of fussy and clingy. I love them so much, but this week was so hard on me. I had to go to the grocery store, COSTCO, get Robert to practice and my daily activities all with the girls sick and no help. It is so hard. This time of year is especially hard because of my husband coaching football. The show made me really tell myself to SLOW DOWN. I think that at times we feel like we need to do it all and if we don't get things done that day, we feel like failures. We need to learn to ask for help when we need it and slow down and not rush through our day. Please go on Oprah.com and read the full story. It will break your heart, but at the same time make you want to slow down and take a little time out of your day to focus on what is really important.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger