Friday, November 7, 2008

Yummy in my Tummy Taco Soup


Every week I make a weekly menu. We really like tacos around here so It's pretty much on the menu once a week. I try to change the taco fillings every once and awhile to make it different. Last week I got my Kraft food and family magazine, and there was a great recipe for Taco soup. I was so excited to find this. It was just what I needed to give Taco Tuesday a little twist. The soup was so yummy and warm for a cold fall evening. Here's the recipe:
1lb. extra lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
3 cans of chili beans(15 1/2 oz cans) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can of of whole tomatoes(14 1/4oz), undrained
1 can of corn(14 1/4oz), undrained
1 can of tomato sauce(8oz)
1 pkg of taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of cheese

- Brown Beef with onions in a large sauce pan; drain
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; stir, breaking up the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5min.,stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with cheese
Extra ideas: I added cilantro to mine. I also had a bowl of tortilla chips to dip in the soup.

My family loved it, I hope you give it a try. It was soooo good. -Vickie

1 comment:

our delightful life said...

Oh my, that sounds and looks so good. I'll have to try it. David love soup! And, it's getting chilly over here.

Powered By Blogger